Aaron Reutzel claimed the All Star feature at Volusia Thursday night (Paul Arch Photo) (Video Highlights from FloRacing.com)
BARBERVILLE, Fla. (February 6, 2020) - Unrattled by a Wednesday night performance that concluded with a sixth place finish during the evening’s consolation B-Main, two-time and defending Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 champion Aaron Reutzel was the class of the field on Thursday evening at Volusia Speedway Park, concluding the All Star segment of the 2020 DIRTcar Nationals with a victory; the 26th of Aaron Reutzel’s career and a first-ever Series win at the ‘World’s Fastest Half Mile Dirt Track.’
Defending World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series champion, Brad Sweet, finished second on Thursday night, followed by Ian Madsen, Donny Schatz and James McFadden.
“We do a lot in the off-season to try and make our cars better and better. I just can’t thank my guys enough,” Aaron Reutzel said, who amassed a Series-leading 16 victories in 2019. “Dylan Buswell is with us now because Cheeseburger is gone. He went home to better his career and you can’t blame someone for wanting to do that. This is just another testament to this team. We missed the A-Main last night but we came back with redemption tonight.”
Reutzel, driver of the Baughman-Reutzel Motorsports/Folkens Brothers Trucking/Fischer Body Shop/Nattress Construction/No. 87 sprint car, earned his $5,000 top prize from the inside of the second row, eventually working his way around front row starter and Wednesday night winner, Brad Sweet, with a diving move in turns one and two on lap eight, all before powering under race leader, Ian Madsen, in turn four on lap 16. A lapped car, which caused Madsen to slip out of his desired groove, aided Reutzel’s attempt.
Despite an abrasive surface ultimately leading to a thin, but ultra-fast racing groove, Reutzel never faltered, maintaining command, as well as his composure, even as tire wear started to become an obvious threat during the later stages of the 25-lap program.
Adding to the drama already assembling due to tire concern, cautions started to flood the main event with just four circuits remaining. In fact, caution lights appeared on lap 22 and again on lap 24, each for right-rear flats, ultimately setting up a green-white-checkered finish. In spite of concern, and a right-rear lacking tread, Reutzel persevered.
“The first couple of laps, I just kinda judged myself with everyone else. I could see Brad [Sweet] was moving around and he was pretty good, too. I eventually found the rubber and Brad found it at the same time, but luckily I was able to find it a little before he did,” Aaron Reutzel continued. “I eventually ran up on Ian [Madsen]. I thought I was running a pretty smart race but I think I got to Ian a little too quickly because he ended up seeing me and moving down on me. Regardless, it all ended up playing out in our favor. I was just trying to be as patient as I could.”
Tony Stewart’s All Star Circuit of Champions will conclude their 2020 Florida vacation with a pair of East Bay Raceway Park starts on Monday and Tuesday, February 10-11. Dubbed the All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Winn-Dixie, the East Bay double will award a pair of $5,000 paydays. Fans should visit East Bay Raceway Park online for additional information: www.ebrp.co. The Tampa-area facility has not hosted an All Star Circuit of Champions program since 2010.
Each and every event on the 2020 Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 schedule will be broadcast live exclusively at www.floracing.com. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit www.floracing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Volusia Speedway Park - Thursday, February 6, 2020:
Event: 49th Annual DIRTcar Nationals
C&R Racing All Star Warm-Ups: Aaron Reutzel - 13.563 seconds
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Daryn Pittman - 13.087 seconds
Ford Performance Heat #1: Daryn Pittman
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Sheldon Haudenschild
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Aaron Reutzel
Mobil 1 Heat #4: Logan Schuchart
JE Pistons Dash #1: Ian Madsen
Kear's Speed Shop Dash #2: Brad Sweet
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting & Embroidery B-Main Winner: Chad Kemenah
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Brock Zearfoss
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet A-Main Winner: Aaron Reutzel
Hercules Tire A-Main Hard Charger: Cory Eliason (+11)
(Lincoln Electric, Hercules Tire, Rayce Rudeen Foundation: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 83-Daryn Pittman, 13.087; 2. 15-Donny Schatz, 13.294; 3. 41-David Gravel, 13.311; 4. 14-Tim Shaffer, 13.316; 5. 15k-Chad Kemenah, 13.348; 6. 48-Danny Dietrich, 13.445; 7. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss, 13.504; 8. 11K-Kraig Kinser, 13.631; 9. 4-Terry McCarl, 13.789
1. 14P-Parker Price-Miller, 13.194; 2. 49-Brad Sweet, 13.260; 3. 18-Ian Madsen, 13.281; 4. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild, 13.332; 5. 26-Cory Eliason, 13.376; 6. 2-Carson Macedo, 13.388; 7. 13-Paul McMahan, 13.483; 8. 2M-Kerry Madsen, 13.485; 9. 3C-Cale Conley, 13.610
1. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr., 13.153; 2. 57-Kyle Larson, 13.327; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 13.525; 4. 21-Brian Brown, 13.538; 5. 5-Brent Marks, 13.575; 6. 39M-Anthony Macri, 13.646; 7. J4-John Garvin, 14.067; 8. 33M-Mason Daniel, 14.172
1. 1A-Jacob Allen, 13.458; 2. 9-James McFadden, 13.543; 3. 1S-Logan Schuchart, 13.608; 4. 5W-Lucas Wolfe, 13.686; 5. 40-George Hobaugh, 13.995; 6. 2C-Wayne Johnson, 14.161; 7. W20-Greg Wilson, 14.228; 8. B15-Kurt Conklin, 14.947
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 83-Daryn Pittman ; 2. 41-David Gravel ; 3. 14-Tim Shaffer ; 4. 15-Donny Schatz ; 5. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 6. 4-Terry McCarl ; 7. 15K-Chad Kemenah ; 8. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 9. 11K-Kraig Kinser 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 2. 49-Brad Sweet ; 3. 18-Ian Madsen ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 14P-Parker Price-Miller ; 6. 2-Carson Macedo ; 7. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 8. 3C-Cale Conley ; 9. 26-Cory Eliason 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 2. 57-Kyle Larson ; 3. 21-Brian Brown ; 4. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 5. 5-Brent Marks ; 6. J4-John Garvin ; 7. 33M-Mason Daniel ; 8. 39M-Anthony Macri 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 2. 9-James McFadden ; 3. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 4. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 5. W20-Greg Wilson ; 6. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 7. 40-George Hobaugh ; 8. B15-Kurt Conklin 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
1. 18-Ian Madsen ; 2. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 9-James McFadden ; 4. 15-Donny Schatz ; 5. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
1. 49-Brad Sweet ; 2. 14P-Parker Price-Miller ; 3. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 4. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 5. 83-Daryn Pittman 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 15K-Chad Kemenah ; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 3. 26-Cory Eliason ; 4. 2-Carson Macedo ; 5. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 6. 4-Terry McCarl ; 7. 33M-Mason Daniel ; 8. 11K-Kraig Kinser ; 9. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 10. 3C-Cale Conley ; 11. 40-George Hobaugh ; 12. J4-John Garvin ; 13. 1A-Jacob Allen ; 14. B15-Kurt Conklin 
A-Main (25 Laps)
1. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 2. 49-Brad Sweet ; 3. 18-Ian Madsen ; 4. 15-Donny Schatz ; 5. 9-James McFadden ; 6. 21-Brian Brown ; 7. 83-Daryn Pittman ; 8. 57-Kyle Larson ; 9. 41-David Gravel ; 10. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 11. 2-Carson Macedo ; 12. 13-Paul McMahan ; 13. 26-Cory Eliason ; 14. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 15. 14-Tim Shaffer ; 16. 5-Brent Marks ; 17. 1S-Logan Schuchart ; 18. 17-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 19. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 20. 14P-Parker Price-Miller ; 21. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 22. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr. ; 23. W20-Greg Wilson ; 24. 15K-Chad Kemenah  Lap Leaders: Ian Madsen (1-15), Aaron Reutzel (16-25)
2020 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings:
N/A [Florida events are non-point programs]
2020 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/5/2020): Brad Sweet
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/6/2020): Aaron Reutzel
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
About Ollie’s Bargain Outlet:
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc., founded in 1982, is one of America’s largest retailers of closeouts and excess inventory, offering real brands at real bargain prices. Famous for its signature catch-phrase Good Stuff Cheap, Ollie’s has a huge variety of famous brand-name merchandise in every department – food, books, housewares, toys, electronics, domestics, clothing, furniture, health and beauty, flooring, seasonal items and so much more – at up to 70 percent off the fancy stores’ prices. You never know what you’ll find at one of Ollie’s 345 “semi-lovely” stores in 25 states. For more information, visit www.ollies.us. Like us on Facebook or find us on Twitter at @OlliesOutlet. Ollie’s is a publicly-traded company on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol OLLI.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to tens of thousands of competitions across more than 20 sports in the U.S. and abroad. FloSports offers a growing library in excess of 2,000 hours of premium content and owns exclusive broadcast rights to over 4,000 premier events, with more than 1 million hours live-streamed since its inception. The company has 250 employees and is based in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv
#Photo Credit: Paul Arch
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com