Justin Peck won the All Star show at Attica Saturday (Dave Biro - DB3 Imaging) (Video Highlights from FloRacing.com)
ATTICA, Ohio (April 3, 2021) - Already a two-time winner this season in Pennsylvania Posse Country aboard Tom Buch’s Coastal Race Parts No. 13, Monrovia, Indiana’s Justin Peck can now officially add another tally in his FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 win column, doing so by opening the 2021 Series points championship with a victory during Attica Raceway Park’s Spring Nationals on Saturday, April 3. The victory, accompanied by a $6,000 payday, improves Peck’s All Star win total to two over the course of his young career, snapping a near-four year winless streak dating back to his Macon triumph on June 10, 2017.
Lining up third on the All Star main event grid, Peck was a threat from the start, eventually inching his way to second on lap 15, then using a round of slower cars to maneuver by fellow All Star full-timer, Zeb Wise, for the top spot on lap 28. Although traffic was a factor in the remaining distance, Peck held strong, keeping a lapped car between himself and Wise in the final circuits to clinch the trip to victory lane, and ultimately, the All Star championship lead.
“If you would have told me the year was going to begin like this, I would have told you that you were crazy,” an elated Justin Peck said in Attica victory lane. “I can’t say enough about this Tom Buch Motorsports team. My guys continue to give me an outstanding race car every time I hit the race track. We kinda started out the night ‘OK,’ thinking we were no better than a fifth-place race car. But I kept talking to these guys and they kept giving me what I wanted. And here we are standing on the frontstretch.”
Utilizing the pole position, Visalia, California’s Cory Eliason earned the early advantage, taking control on lap one and maintaining the lead through the first five circuits. Although it would keep Eliason out of heavy traffic, a caution on lap six ultimately led to Eliason losing command, as Zeb Wise, who started alongside Eliason on the front row, was able to drive around the Rudeen Racing No. 26 at the exit of turn four to complete the sixth circuit.
Aboard the all-new Wise Priddy Racing No. 10, Zeb Wise was the man in charge for the next several circuits, working the very lowline all the way around Attica Raceway Park. Surviving a single-file restart after another caution on lap 16, Wise and his fellow frontrunners would meet the back of the pack on lap 23, now forced to deal with Peck, who had already climbed to second eight laps prior.
After six laps of battling basically nose to tail, Peck made his move, first setting himself up with a big run through the middle of turns one and two, then diving to the very bottom of three to squeeze by Wise at the exit of turn four. Peck would go on to lead lap 28, maintaining control through the end of the 40-lap contest.
“I just kinda stuck to what I knew how to do,” Peck continued. “I kinda started out just trying to rip around one and two, but it really wasn’t working. So I started to short slide myself and kinda slide my way through it. It really made a difference. I knew if we got to lapped traffic, we were going to have the best shot of winning. What a start to the year.”
Zeb Wise would hold on to finish second at Attica Raceway Park, followed by Hunter Schuerenberg, Brent Marks, and Cory Eliason; an all All Star top five.
The All Star Circuit of Champions will spend a weekend off before returning to competition with a four-day swing through the heart of the Mid-Atlantic on Thursday through Sunday, April 15-18. Action will kick-off with a $12,000-to-win blockbuster at Virginia Motor Speedway on Thursday, April 15, followed by three consecutive nights in Pennsylvania Posse Country. Tony Stewart’s All Stars will take center stage at Williams Grove Speedway on Friday, Port Royal Speedway on Saturday, and Bedford Speedway on Sunday. The Williams Grove and Bedford visits will award $6,000 each, while the season’s first visit to Port Royal - the Keith Kauffman Classic - will pay $10,000.
For those who can not witness the All Star Circuit of Champions live and in person, FloRacing.com, the official media partner and broadcast provider of the All Stars, has you covered. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit FloRacing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. Race fans can see all the USAC and dirt late-model action they want in addition to Eldora Speedway’s slate of races and those of the All Star Circuit of Champions. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Attica Raceway Park - Saturday, April 3, 2021
Event: Core & Main Spring Nationals
C&R Racing Hot Laps: Justin Peck - 12.687
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Ian Madsen - 12.571
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Hunter Schuerenberg
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Cory Eliason
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Cale Conley
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Winner: Cory Eliason
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting & Embroidery B-Main Winner: DJ Foos
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Nate Dussel
FloRacing A-Main Winner: Justin Peck
Hercules Tire A-Main Hard Charger: DJ Foos (+9)
1. 11-Ian Madsen, 12.572; 2. O9-Craig Mintz, 12.774; 3. 10-Zeb Wise, 12.798; 4. O7-Lucas Wolfe, 12.801; 5. 13-Justin Peck, 12.816; 6. 16-DJ Foos, 12.817; 7. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 12.826; 8. 23-Chris Andrews, 12.845; 9. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 12.852; 10. 5-Brent Marks, 12.956; 11. 26-Cory Eliason, 12.977; 12. 3C-Cale Conley, 12.983; 13. 17B-Bill Balog, 13.000; 14. 8M-TJ Michael, 13.002; 15. 33W-Caleb Griffith, 13.027; 16. 3J-Trey Jacobs, 13.028; 17. 5T-Travis Philo, 13.044; 18. 4-Cap Henry, 13.054; 19. 18-Cole Macedo, 13.112; 20. W20-Greg Wilson, 13.119; 21. 29-Stuart Brubaker, 13.149; 22. 5R-Byron Reed, 13.186; 23. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 13.241; 24. 1-Nate Dussel, 13.307; 25. 9Z-Duane Zablocki, 13.343; 26. 27S-John Ivy, 13.348; 27. 91-Kyle Reinhardt, 13.481; 28. 2-Ricky Peterson, 13.584; 29. 12-Kyle Capodice, 13.841; 30. 16B-Zane DeVault, 14.353
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 2. 5-Brent Marks ; 3. 11-Ian Madsen ; 4. O7-Lucas Wolfe ; 5. 3J-Trey Jacobs ; 6. 18-Cole Macedo ; 7. 5R-Byron Reed ; 8. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 9. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 10. 17B-Bill Balog 
Heat #2 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 26-Cory Eliason ; 2. O9-Craig Mintz ; 3. 13-Justin Peck ; 4. 23-Chris Andrews ; 5. 5T-Travis Philo ; 6. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 7. 8M-TJ Michael ; 8. 27S-John Ivy ; 9. W20-Greg Wilson ; 10. 12-Kyle Capodice 
Heat #3 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 3C-Cale Conley ; 2. 10-Zeb Wise ; 3. 33W-Caleb Griffith ; 4. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 5. 4-Cap Henry ; 6. 29-Stuart Brubaker ; 7. 1-Nate Dussel ; 8. 16-DJ Foos ; 9. 16B-Zane DeVault ; 10. 91-Kyle Reinhardt 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 26-Cory Eliason ; 2. 10-Zeb Wise ; 3. 13-Justin Peck ; 4. 11-Ian Madsen ; 5. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 6. 3C-Cale Conley ; 7. O9-Craig Mintz ; 8. O7-Lucas Wolfe 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 6 Transfer
1. 16-DJ Foos ; 2. 27S-John Ivy ; 3. 5R-Byron Reed ; 4. 17B-Bill Balog ; 5. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 6. 8M-TJ Michael ; 7. 1-Nate Dussel ; 8. W20-Greg Wilson ; 9. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 10. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 11. 16B-Zane DeVault ; 12. 12-Kyle Capodice 
A-Main (40 Laps)
1. 13-Justin Peck ; 2. 10-Zeb Wise ; 3. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 4. 5-Brent Marks ; 5. 26-Cory Eliason ; 6. O9-Craig Mintz ; 7. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 8. 11-Ian Madsen ; 9. 23-Chris Andrews ; 10. 16-DJ Foos ; 11. 33W-Caleb Griffith ; 12. 3J-Trey Jacobs ; 13. 5T-Travis Philo ; 14. 3C-Cale Conley ; 15. 17B-Bill Balog ; 16. 5R-Byron Reed ; 17. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 18. 4-Cap Henry ; 19. 27S-John Ivy ; 20. 29-Stuart Brubaker ; 21. 8M-TJ Michael ; 22. O7-Lucas Wolfe ; 23. 2-Ricky Peterson ; 24. 18-Cole Macedo  Lap Leaders: Cory Eliason (1-5), Zeb Wise (6-27), Justin Peck (28-40)
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
1. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 29, 2021): Donny Schatz
2. Screven Motor Speedway, Georgia (January 30, 2021): Aaron Reutzel
3. East Bay Raceway Park, Florida (February 2, 2021): Donny Schatz (2)
4. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 3, 2021): Logan Schuchart
5. Volusia Speedway Park, Florida (February 4, 2021): Carson Macedo
6. Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (April 3, 2021): Justin Peck
2021 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings:
1. Justin Peck - 150
2. Zeb Wise - 146
3. Hunter Schuerenberg - 144
4. Brent Marks - 142
5. Cory Eliason - 140
6. Craig Mintz - 138
7. Tyler Courtney - 136
8. Ian Madsen - 134
9. Chris Andrews - 132
10. DJ Foos - 130
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports’ mission is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1. Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
#Photo Credit: DB3IMAGING
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, firstname.lastname@example.org