(Bill W) September 10, 2021 – The Sprint Invaders tackle the Lee County Speedway in Donnellson, Iowa, this Saturday night, September 11. This marks the fiftieth event for the Sprint Invaders at the 3/8-mile oval. Paul Nienhiser won with the series in its last appearance in August.
Sedalia, Missouri’s Jonathan Cornell leads the charge into Donnellson, and the multi-time Winged Outlaw Warrior and ASCS-Warrior champion is aiming for his first Sprint Invaders title and a $2,000 win Saturday. Colton Fisher is second in the point race, ahead of Kaley Gharst, Tanner Gebhardt and Chris Martin. Daniel Bergquist, Wyatt Wilkerson, Cody Wehrle, Josh Schneiderman and Josh Higday round out the top ten in the driver standings.
Gharst leads the all-time Sprint Invaders win list at Lee County with six career wins. John Schulz has won there five times, Matt Sutton and Terry McCarl have four apiece, Jeff Mitrisin and Randy Martin have three, and two-time winners are Bobby Hawks, Jesse Giannetto, Russ Hall, Jerrod Hull and Nienhiser.
Gates open at 4:30 p.m. with hot laps schedule for 6 p.m. and racing to follow. Adult grandstand admission is $15, Seniors $13, Veterans and Students (11-17) $10, and Kids 10 and under are FREE. The IMCA Late Model “Drive for Five” feature will also be on the card, along with IMCA Sport Mods, Sport Compacts and Trucks.
Sprint Invaders Return to East Moline Sunday, September 26
After an event in July that brought fans to their feet, and drivers smiling under their helmets, the Sprint Invaders will make a return visit to East Moline Speedway in East Moline, Illinois on Sunday, September 26. The event will be a non-point race, but will feature a raised purse paying $2,500 to win and $350 to start.
Check out the new website for the Sprint Invaders located at www.SprintInvaders.org!
2021 Sprint Invaders Driver Points (Feature Wins)
1. Jonathan Cornell, Sedalia, MO, 1634 (2)
2. Colton Fisher, Mediapolis, IA, 1590
3. Kaley Gharst, Decatur, IL, 1564
4. Tanner Gebhardt, Burlington, IA, 1553
5. Chris Martin, Ankeny, IA, 1464 (1)
6. Daniel Bergquist, Burlington, IA, 1460
7. Wyatt Wilkerson, Morning Sun, IA, 1450
8. Cody Wehrle, Burlington, IA, 1337
9. Josh Schneiderman, West Burlington, IA, 1180
10. Josh Higday, Des Moines, IA, 1158
11. Austin McCarl, Altoona, IA, 840
12. Brayden Gaylord, Wever, IA, 760
13. Kurt Mueller, Reynolds, IL, 730
14. Tim Moore, Moline, IL, 674
15. Blaine Jamison, Mediapolis, IA, 532
16. Dugan Thye, Burlington, IA, 524
17. Ryan Jamison, Mediapolis, IA, 399
18. Riley Goodno, Knoxville, IA, 396
19. Rob Kubli, Milo, IA, 368
20. Sawyer Phillips, Pleasantville, IA, 216
21. Jamie Ball, Knoxville, IA, 194
22. Braydn Greubel, Lacona, IA, 160
Other Feature Winners: Paul Nienhiser, Chapin, IL (2), Ayrton Gennetten, Gravois Mills, MO (2), Garet Williamson, Kingdom City, MO
2021 Sprint Invaders Schedule
Friday, May 28 – Lee County Speedway (Rain)
Sunday, May 30 – 34 Raceway (Paul Nienhiser, Chapin, IL)
Friday, June 25 – Davenport Speedway (Rain)
Saturday, June 26 – 34 Raceway (Rain)
Sunday, July 4 – Benton County Speedway (Jonathan Cornell, Sedalia, MO)
Friday, July 9 – Randolph County Raceway (Rain, PPD to August 1)
Wednesday, July 21 – East Moline Speedway (Ayrton Gennetten, Gravois Mills, MO)
Wednesday, July 28 – Dubuque Speedway (Jonathan Cornell, Sedalia, MO)
Sunday, August 1 – Randolph County Raceway (Garet Williamson, Kingdom City, MO)
Friday, August 20 – Lee County Speedway (Paul Nienhiser, Chapin, IL)
Saturday, August 21 – 34 Raceway (Chris Martin, Ankeny, IA)
Friday, September 3 – Randolph County Raceway (Ayrton Gennetten, Gravois Mills, MO)
Saturday, September 11 – Lee County Speedway (Donnellson, IA)
Saturday, September 25 – 34 Raceway (West Burlington, IA) $5,000
Sunday, September 26 – East Moline Speedway (East Moline, IL) $2,500 Non-Points
Bill W Media
Monroe, IA USA